MAXIMIZE YOUR MONEY!
File your taxes for FREE, online or in person! United Way of Escambia County offers two programs for individuals and families who have an annual income of $66,000 or less.
Online: File your taxes anywhere, anytime at www.myfreetaxes.com. If you have questions, call the MyFreeTaxes Helpline at 1-855-698-9435, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In Person: Go to a VITA site and have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare your taxes. Please see below for sites and times of operation:
- PSC Pensacola Campus: Mon (10am - 4pm), Wed/Fri (10am - 8pm), Tues/Thurs (10am - 7pm), Sat (10am-2pm)
- PSC Warrington Campus: Tues/Wed/Thurs (3 - 7pm)
- PSC Milton Campus: Tues/Thurs (9am - 4pm). By appointment only, call 484-4450 to schedule.
- St. Sylvester's Church in Navarre: Mon (1 - 4pm), Wed/Sat (9am - 3pm)
- Community Action Program Committee: Tues/Thurs (12 - 7pm), Sat - By appointment only.
Times are subject to change. Dial 2-1-1 to confirm site hours.
In 2017, through the efforts of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program and the MyFreeTaxes.com (MFT) Call Center in Escambia County, $6,634,122 was leveraged for our community. Volunteers completed 3,683 tax returns and saved taxpayers $792,213.30 in tax preparation fees. They served a combined 5,053 hours, equating to $121,979 in volunteer labor. United Way is home to one of three nationwide MFT Call Centers, employing five seasonal staff members who are IRS trained and certified. Escambia’s call center took over 2,500 calls this tax season, assisting taxpayers with a variety of issues from technical assistance to tax related questions.
Additional Program Resources:
- 2017 Program Fact Sheet
- Common Tax Filing Resources
- Tax Preparation Checklist
- Financial Stability Community Funded Partners
Ready to volunteer? Get connected today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (850) 912-8154. Have questions about the programs? Contact Financial Stability Program Outreach Manager, Katrina Madden at katrina or (850) 912-8245.