United Way of Escambia County is excited to award $850,000 in grant funds to 42 local nonprofit programs through the Community Investment Process. These programs provide critical services to individuals and families throughout our community.
This past year, 266 generous companies and nearly 7,000 individual donors joined forces with United Way of Escambia County to fight for the Health, Education, and Financial Stability of Escambia County citizens. Their undesignated gifts to United Way allow us to invest their dollars locally, and leverage their contributions to build and strengthen collaborations and partnerships that fill gaps in our community.
“United Way’s Workplace Campaign is a critical component of the work we do throughout the year,” said Jack Lowrey, United Way Campaign Board Chair. “Each year, we take great pride in announcing our Top 5 Campaigns. Not only are their gifts invaluable, these five companies provide tremendous volunteer support to United Way programs throughout the year. Over 2,000 hours of service were contributed by employees from these companies alone.”
TOP 5 WORKPLACE CAMPAIGNS
1. Gulf Power Company
2. Publix Super Markets, Inc.
3. Ascend Performance Materials
4. Navy Federal Credit Union
5. Regions Bank
The charitable contributions of these five companies, and everyone who gives to United Way throughout the year, reflect a dedication to improving our community and show what is possible when we choose to LIVE UNITED. We are excited to announce 42 programs and agencies that will receive grant funding for 2018-19.
2018-19 Health Awards: $116,264
1. Access to Care2 - Health and Hope Clinic
2. Child Abuse Prevention Education - Gulf Coast Kid’s House
3. Epilepsy Services and Resource Center - Epilepsy Foundation of Florida
4. Healthy Seniors Food Program - Manna Food Pantries, Inc.
5. Kids for Camp Summer Learning Lab - Autism Pensacola
6. Lakeview Center Victim Services - Lakeview Center
7. Mobile Outreach Program - OASIS Florida
8. The Salvation Army Emergency Shelter, Sally’s House - The Salvation Army
9. VIP Children’s Program - Independence for the Blind
2-3 Year Committed Health Awards: $260,962
1. Essential Life Skills - Capstone Adaptive Learning and Therapy Centers, Inc.
2. Family Advocacy - Gulf Coast Kid’s House
3. Healthy Lifestyles - Boys and Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast
4. Nutrition Program - Council on Aging of West Florida
5. Older Blind Program - Independence for the Blind
6. Pearl Nelson Child Development Center/Pediatric Therapy - The Arc Gateway, Inc.
7. Senior Companion Program - Council on Aging of West Florida
8. Sexual/Physical Abuse Treatment Program - Lutheran Services of Florida
9. Youth Development - YMCA of Northwest Florida
2018-19 Education Awards: $129,682
1. Big Brothers Big Sisters Community Based Program - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida
2. Every Adult Achieves Self-Sufficiency - Pathways for Change
3. GED Program - AMIkids Pensacola
4. Girls Earning Diplomas (GED) Program - PACE Center for Girls
5. Milk & Honey Afterschool Program - Milk & Honey Outreach Ministry
6. ReadingPals - Every Child A Reader Escambia (ECARE)
7. School to Work - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida
8. Service Learning and Leadership Development - Chain Reaction
9. Workforce Development: Providing a Path to Self-Sufficiency - Waterfront Rescue Mission, Inc.
2-3 Year Committed Education Awards: $258,093
1. Academic Success - Boys and Girls Club of the Emerald Coast
2. Capstone Academy - Capstone Adaptive Learning and Therapy Centers, Inc.
3. Heritage Oaks Affordable Housing - Be Ready Alliance Coordinating for Emergencies (BRACE)
4. Independence for Dependent and Homeless Youth - Legal Services of North Florida
5. Pearl Nelson Child Development Center/Early Intervention Services - The Arc Gateway, Inc.
6. School Readiness Program - Early Learning Coalition of Escambia County
7. Teenspace - Children’s Home Society of Florida
8. Transition Program - Independence for the Blind
9. Veterans Legal Assistance - Legal Services of North Florida
Financial Stability Awards:
2018-19 Financial Stability Awards: $67,500
1. Child Care - YMCA of Northwest Florida
2. Emergency Assistance - Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida
3. Moving Escambia County from Hunger to Hope - Manna Food Pantries, Inc.
4. Social Services – Basic Needs - The Salvation Army
5. The Mobile Pantry Program - Feeding the Gulf Coast
2-3 Year Committed Financial Stability Awards: $17,500
1. Domestic Violence Shelter - FavorHouse of Northwest Florida, Inc.
United Way’s partners and donors prove that great things happen when we LIVE UNITED!