United Way of Escambia County’s Volunteer Center matches thousands of volunteers with more than 40 local nonprofit agencies to create extraordinary volunteer experiences throughout Escambia County. Our mission of improving lives is magnified by people and organizations that bring their passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done. Please consider sharing your time and talent to create lasting solutions that improve our community.
CORPORATE AND GROUPS:
The Volunteer Center specializes in finding service opportunities that align with your company’s goals and interests. Volunteerism is a great way to offer teambuilding and leadership opportunities to employees. If you would like to find ways your group can be involved in our community, please contact our Volunteer Center so we may customize a volunteer project for you!
The Volunteer Center will help you find one-day, ongoing, or special event opportunities that are meaningful and fulfilling. Whether it’s reading to children, building a home for a family, or delivering meals to homebound seniors, there are several volunteer opportunities available every day.
TEENS AND FAMILIES:
Volunteering is an exciting way to spend quality time, instill important family values, and help youth build skills that will help them in school and life. There are plenty of ways to get involved! Join friends, family, classmates, or volunteer on your own to make an impact on our community.
Do you have a project that could use some manpower? Please let us know about the volunteer opportunities you have available.
Volunteerism is the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED. When you volunteer, you see first-hand how your service matters in the lives of others. Choose a cause that is close to your heart or where it is needed most. For more information, please contact Volunteer Manager, Brooke Policicchio at 850.912.8163 or email@example.com.
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING:
- Cram the Van: The school district approved supply drive.
- ReadingPals: A school-based mentoring program that helps 4-year-old prekindergarten students build strong pre-literacy skills.
- RSVP: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, is a free, federal program to support volunteers 55 and better.
- 2-1-1: A resource and referral service that provides one-stop referral information to help you when you need it most.
- Day of Caring: The largest single day of volunteering in our community.