ABOUT WOMEN UNITED:
Women United is a global, growing force of more than 70,000 women dedicated to creating a world of opportunity – for everyone. We are a diverse, vibrant community, bound together by a powerful sense of belonging – to each other, to United Way’s mission, and to the community we call home.
WHAT WE DO:
Far from being transactional donors, women get involved, shake things up and make great change. Locally, we have identified education (with an emphasis on early literacy) as our signature issue. As a member, you will have opportunities to network and collaborate with business and community leaders at exclusive events. You may choose to volunteer alongside others who share your passion for helping. Women United has been structured to provide opportunities for involvement that accommodate diverse lifestyles and schedules. Your level of involvement is completely up to you.
Your annual leadership gift to United Way of Escambia County of $1,000+ automatically qualifies you for Women United. You may also qualify with an annual gift of $500-999 when you commit to 25 hours of community service within the education focus area. Your annual gift may be an individual gift, joint gift (combined with a spouse/partner), or magnified by matching funds from your employer.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- Attend our Quarterly Socials and United Way special events! Click here to review our Women United 2017 calendar of events.
- Volunteer to read to a 4-year-old one hour a week for 25 weeks during the school year as a ReadingPal.
- Volunteer with Cram the Van and ensure students have what they need to start the school year right.
- Join our Women United Day of Caring team for the largest single day of volunteer service on October 13, 2017.
- Serve as a trainer or best practice panelist for Nonprofit or Loaned Executive Training.
- Serve on the Community Investment education panel and help decide where dollars can make the most difference.
- Looking for other opportunities? Please let us know!
YES! I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out this Interest Form. Sometimes, due to HR policies, we do not receive your full contact information when you make your annual gift through your workplace. The Interest Form is very important to us so we know the best way to contact you throughout the year regarding socials, events, and volunteer opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Jasen, Development Director at 850.444.7147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.